London UK March 2020
REGISTRATION OPEN NOW!
Breaking Down the Diagnostic & Treatment Process for Orofacial Myofunctional Disorder
March 27-28, 2020 at the Kensington Hilton, London UK
This 2-day workshop is an advanced level course for SLPs and other medical professionals detailing the diagnostic and treatment process for orofacial myofunctional disorders. Attendees will be able to apply diagnostic and treatment considerations to their caseloads immediately and understand the underlying causes to common communication and feeding difficulties.
- Define the scope of practice of Orofacial Myofunctional Disorder (OMD) for SLPs across the lifespan.
- Differentiate between screening, symptom identification, and diagnosis.
- Outline and detail the structural, functional, and behavioral areas of an OMD assessment.
- Differentially diagnose OMD from dysphagia, feeding, articulation, and voice disorder.
- Differentiate between symptom management, exercise programs and individualized treatment planning.
- Explain the difference between oromyofunctional goals, objectives, and strategies and how to plan, prioritize, and coordinate treatment.
- Discuss and apply oromyofunctional exercises, techniques, tools, and programs.
- Integrate oromyofunctional therapy (OMT) into current caseloads.
- Describe the process to complete patient objectives and goals, and successfully discharge them from therapy.