Upcoming Seminars & Events
Mastering Oromyofunctional Therapy
This 2-day workshop is an advanced course for SLPs, RDHs, PTs, OTs, and dentists already diagnosing and treating orofacial myofunctional disorders (OMDs). The focus will be to move beyond a series of exercises to understanding how structure, function, and behavior contribute to OMDs and to success in therapy. Successful outcomes are based on solid differential diagnosis, individualized treatment planning, and coordinating services with a team of other medical and dental professionals.
- Define the scope of practice of OMDs and the special populations treated by OMT.
- Define the elements of differential diagnosis.
- Develop detailed individualized treatment plans, including for one of their own patients.
- Apply oromyofunctional techniques to a variety of patient populations.
- List the multidisciplinary care colleagues on pediatric and adult treatment teams.
Invite Linda to your next Conference or Event
Linda D'Onofrio, MS, CCC-SLP is a board-certified speech-language pathologist with a private practice in Portland Oregon. She completed her masters in communication disorders from the University of Oregon, completed her medical externship at Oregon Health Sciences University, and her clinical fellowship at the Oregon VA Medical Center.
For 18 years, she has specialized in craniofacial disorders, structural and sensory-motor based speech disorders, feeding and oromyofunctional disorders, social cognitive disorders, and developmental speech language disorders. She works with toddlers, school-aged children, teens, adults, and the elderly. She presents and teaches on her areas of specialty.